Diligently is defined as something done with great persistence, care or dedication.
When you work carefully on a project and persist in doing it even when it becomes difficult, this is an example of a situation where you work diligently on the project.
- Greek models were diligently studied by Virgil and Horace.
- He kept on diligently collecting materials, and as he did so was constrained to modify some of the statements he had published.
- At the same time he diligently pursued the practice of his profession.
- Their investigation has since been diligently prosecuted.
- Meanwhile, the French in Metz had been diligently at work.