The season of Yule.
- Alternative spelling of Yuletide. Christmas or the Christmas season.
- A common name for the flower Camellia sasanqua native to Japan and nearby islands.
Yule (“Christmas") +"Ž -tide (“period around a festival")
- (dated) The period of celebration of a pre-Christian festival associated with the (northern) winter solstice, later absorbed into the festival of Christmas.
- (dated) Christmas season, the period around Christmas, Christmastime.
- (Australia, regional) The period of southern winter, sometimes celebrated in the colder, snowy regions of Australia with allusions to Christmas and snow, originally a marketing gimmick.
Yule +"Ž -tide (“period around a holiday"), from Old English tÄ«d (“time")
Variant of yuletide