The wrist is the part of the arm between the hand and forearm, or the part of a shirt that covers this area of the body.
An example of the wrist is where a bracelet or a watch is worn.
- the joint or part of the arm between the hand and the forearm; carpus
- the corresponding part in an animal
- the part of a sleeve, glove, etc. that covers the wrist
- wrist pin
Origin of wristMiddle English ; from Old English ; from base of wræstan, to twist, wrest
a slap on the wrist⌂
a token punishment that is much less severe than seems called for
- a. The joint between the human hand and forearm.b. A similar joint in other vertebrates.c. See carpus.
- The part of a sleeve or glove that encircles the wrist.
transitive verbwrist·ed, wrist·ing, wrists
To shoot (a puck) by making a wrist shot.
Origin of wristMiddle English, from Old English; see wer-2 in Indo-European roots.