- to take off the clothing of; strip
- to divest of ornament
- to remove the dressing from (a wound)
to take off one's clothes; strip
- the state of being naked, only partly dressed, or in night clothes, a robe, etc.
- ordinary or informal dress, as opposed to uniform, full dress, etc.
verbun·dressed, un·dress·ing, un·dress·es
- To remove the clothing of; disrobe.
- To remove the bandages from (a wound, for example).
To take off one's clothing.
- Informal attire or uniform.
- a. Nakedness or partial nakedness.b. Partial but incomplete dress.
(third-person singular simple present undresses, present participle undressing, simple past and past participle undressed)
- The state of having few or no clothes on.
- A loose, negligent dress; ordinary dress, as distinguished from full dress.
From un- +"Ž dress.