- past participle of undergo
A nurse cares for a patient who has undergone surgery.
Undergone is defined as to have experienced or gone through.
An example of undergone is to have had surgery.
- The palace has undergone alterations and additions, e.g.
- The word has, however, undergone sundry modifications of meaning.
- Added to it was the pleasure of seeing Cynthia, after all she'd undergone, so utterly enjoying the day.
- The balance of Italian trade has undergone frequent fluctuations.
- The hard but salutary training which they had undergone at his hands had taught them that they were the equals of the northern races both in the council chamber and on the field of battle.