- Having undergone rotation about an axis.
- This is a rotated view that shows the area of interest more clearly.
- simple past tense and past participle of rotate
Variant of rotate
transitive verbrotated, rotating
- to turn around or cause to turn around a center point or axis; revolve
- to go or cause to go in a regular and recurring succession of changes; take, or cause to take, turns: to rotate crops
Origin of rotate; from Classical Latin rotatus, past participle of rotare, to turn ; from rota, wheel: see roll
shaped like a wheel, with radiating parts, as the corolla of some flowers
Origin of rotate< L rota, wheel + -ate