- a transfiguring or being transfigured
- Bible the change in the appearance of Jesus on the mountain: Matt. 17
- a church festival (Aug. 6) commemorating the Transfiguration
- a. A marked change in form or appearance; a metamorphosis.b. A change that glorifies or exalts.
- Transfigurationa. Bible The sudden emanation of radiance from the person of Jesus that occurred on a mountain.b. The Christian feast commemorating this event, observed on August 6 in the Roman Catholic, Anglican, and Orthodox churches and on the Sunday before Lent in most Protestant churches.