- Trafficking is defined as engaged in the action of trading something illegally or being engaged in illegal commerce.
When you are transporting and selling large quantities of drugs, this is an example of drug trafficking.
Variant of traffic
- transportation of goods for trading
- trading over great distances; commerce
- buying and selling; barter; trade, sometimes, specif., of a wrong or illegal kind: traffic in drugs
- dealings, business, or intercourse (with someone)
- the movement or number of automobiles along a street, pedestrians along a sidewalk, ships using a port, etc.
- the automobiles, pedestrians, ships, etc. so moving
- the number of passengers, quantity of freight, etc. carried by a transportation company during a given period
- the volume of telegrams, calls, etc. transmitted by a communications company during a given period
- the number of potential customers entering a retail store during a given period
Origin: French trafic ; from Italian traffico ; from trafficare, to trade ; from Classical Latin trans, across plush Italian ficcare, to thrust in, bring ; from Vulgar Latin an unverified form figicare, intensive for Classical Latin figere: see finish
- trafficker noun