- ⌂ in internal-combustion engines, any part or system designed to control the timing of the spark in the cylinder
- any of various devices for timing, or automatically starting and stopping at predetermined times, the operation of some mechanism
- One who keeps track of time; a timekeeper.
- A timepiece, especially one used for measuring and signaling the end of time intervals, as on a stove.
- A switch or regulator that controls or activates and deactivates another mechanism at set times.
- A device that controls the timing of the sparks that ignite the fuel in an internal-combustion engine.
From to time + -er.