- Thank you is defined as an expression of gratitude used to show appreciation for something.
When someone does you a favor and you want to express your gratitude for what they have done, this is an example of a time when you would say thank you.
- The definition of a thank you is an act or expression of gratitude.
When you are grateful to someone for doing you a favor and you bake him a pie to show your appreciation, the pie is an example of a thank you.
(plural thank yous)
- Alternative spelling of thank-you.
Thank you is a shortened expression for I thank you; it is attested since c. 1400.
- Hand written notes are the most personal, but you can also print up thank-you notes on a computer or buy cards at a card store.
- When you have a large group of cards to make, such as Christmas cards, thank-you notes, or party invitations, simply cut out your shapes or letters before creating an "assembly line" for your project.
- Networking - Guestbooks also often let people become part of mailing lists or other methods of additional communication - whether it's a birthday thank-you card or a fund-raising list at a banquet.
- As a thank-you to their ever-increasing fan base, they began a poll of which songs should be on the 2-disc album, 'Long Distance', which was released in October '96 and hit number 13 on the charts.
- When you visit the main Etomi Pro site, following the link to register only takes you to the message, "Thank-you for your interest but we are not accepting any new customers."