- Thank you is defined as an expression of gratitude used to show appreciation for something.
When someone does you a favor and you want to express your gratitude for what they have done, this is an example of a time when you would say thank you.
- The definition of a thank you is an act or expression of gratitude.
When you are grateful to someone for doing you a favor and you bake him a pie to show your appreciation, the pie is an example of a thank you.
(plural thank yous)
- Alternative spelling of thank-you.
Thank you is a shortened expression for I thank you; it is attested since c. 1400.
- Hand written notes are the most personal, but you can also print up thank-you notes on a computer or buy cards at a card store.
- When you have a large group of cards to make, such as Christmas cards, thank-you notes, or party invitations, simply cut out your shapes or letters before creating an "assembly line" for your project.
- Print letters were long the industry standard and it used to be considered bad form to send thank-you notes from interviews or other related types of correspondence via email.
- While buying licensed High School Musical party invites, don't forget to purchase related products to complement your theme, like thank-you notes, napkins, and balloons.
- Coordinating your invitations and thank-you notes with your party's theme or color-scheme is easy, as most party stores carry a full line of party stationery.