- The definition of cheers is something said as a toast before drinking together.
An example of cheers is what you would say at a wedding toast.
- Cheers are defined as the sounds of people who are excited, especially for a team or a game.
An example of cheers are the collected sounds at a high school football game.
good health: used as a toast
- Used as a toast or valediction.
- Chiefly British Used as an expression of thanks.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of cheer
- plural form of cheer