- The definition of cheers is something said as a toast before drinking together.
An example of cheers is what you would say at a wedding toast.
- Cheers are defined as the sounds of people who are excited, especially for a team or a game.
An example of cheers are the collected sounds at a high school football game.
- Used as a toast or valediction.
- Chiefly British Used as an expression of thanks.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of cheer
- plural form of cheer
- The crowd erupted in cheers and applause.
- We could hear the yells of the boys and the cheers of the lookers-on as plainly in our room as if we had been on the field.
- The creature tells me otherwise and cheers me on whenever I take the head of another cursed barbarian.
- The crowd cheers her on as Ellen accomplishes the task of beating the state record in the 100-meter backstroke.
- In a speech in favour of the government bill for a rate in aid in 1849, he won loud cheers from both sides, and was complimented by Disraeli for having sustained the reputation of that assembly.