- pl. Thais or a person born or living in Thailand
- the official language of Thailand, belonging to the Tai subbranch of the Sino-Tibetan languages
- country in Southeast Asia, on the Indochinese & Malay peninsulas: 198,457 sq mi (514,000 sq km); cap. Bangkok: abbrev. Thai
- arm of the South China Sea, between the Malay & Indochinese peninsulas
nounpl. Thai Thai or Thais
- a. A native or inhabitant of Thailand.b. A member of a Tai-speaking people who constitute the predominant ethnic group of Thailand.
- The language of the Tai family that is the official language of Thailand.
- The main language spoken in Thailand (closely related to Lao).
(comparative more Thai, superlative most Thai)
- Referring to Thailand.
Thai à¹„à¸—à¸¢ (thai)
- (law) Abbreviation of Thailand.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in case citations. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Geographical Terms: Foreign countries and regions", Table T10.3, p. 438-443.