- a person or thing that terminates
- the line dividing the illuminated and dark parts of the disk of the moon or a planet
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that terminates: a terminator of unpopular policies.
- The dividing line between the bright and shaded regions of the disk of the moon or an inner planet.
- A sequence of nucleotides that signals the end of transcription or translation and the completion of the synthesis of a nucleic acid or protein molecule.
terminator - Computer Definition
(1) A character that ends a string of alphanumeric characters.
(2) A hardware component that is connected to the last peripheral device in a series or the last node in a network.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.