- a person or thing that terminates
- the line dividing the illuminated and dark parts of the disk of the moon or a planet
See terminator in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- One that terminates: a terminator of unpopular policies.
- The dividing line between the bright and shaded regions of the disk of the moon or an inner planet.
- A sequence of nucleotides that signals the end of transcription or translation and the completion of the synthesis of a nucleic acid or protein molecule.
Learn more about terminator