- The skull is the set of bones of the head including the jaw, or an image of the bones of the head.
An example of a skull is a popular Halloween decoration to scare people.
skull definition by Webster's New World
- the entire bony or cartilaginous framework of the head of a vertebrate, enclosing and protecting the brain and sense organs, including the bones of the face and jaw
- the human head regarded as the seat of thought or intelligence: usually with derogatory implication: a thick skull, an empty skull
Origin: Middle English scolle ; from Scandinavian as in Swedish skulle, skull, akin to scale, shell
- to hit on the head
- to hit the top of (a golf ball) causing it to go too far
skull definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The bony or cartilaginous framework of the head of vertebrates, made up of the bones of the braincase and face; cranium.
- Informal The head, regarded as the seat of thought or intelligence: Use your skull and solve the problem.
- A death's-head.
Origin: Middle English skulle, probably of Scandinavian origin.
lateral view of an adult human skull
skull - Medical Definition
skull - Phrases/Idioms
out of one's skull
skull - Science Definition