- the act or process of applying such size
- A glaze or filler; size.
- Treatment of a fabric or other surface with size.
- Present participle of size.
Variant of size
- that quality of a thing which determines how much space it occupies; dimensions or magnitude of a thing
- any of a series of graded classifications of measure into which merchandise is divided: jumbo-size peanuts, size nine shoes
- extent, magnitude, amount, etc.: an undertaking of great size
- relatively large amount, dimensions, etc.
- character of a person with regard to ability to meet requirements
- Informal actual condition; true state of affairs: that's the size of it
- Obsolete standard ration or allowance, as of food
Origin of sizeMiddle English ; from Old French sise, aphetic for assise: see assize
of a size
of one or the same size
size up☆ Informal
- to make an estimate or judgment of
- to meet requirements or specifications