The Moroccan pomegranate tea is served on a silver-plate platter.
- Silver plate is tableware and serving ware which has been coated with a thin layer of silver.
An example of silver plate is a serving tray that has been electroplated with silver.
- To silver plate is defined as to cover something with a thin layer of silver.
An example of to silver plate is to coat a ring with silver.
transitive verb-·plat·ed, -·plat·ing
- A coating or plating of silver.
- Tableware, such as flatware or hollowware, made of or coated with silver.
transitive verbsil·ver-plat·ed, sil·ver-plat·ing, sil·ver-plates
- A thin layer of silver applied to the surface of an object made of another metal.
(third-person singular simple present silver plates, present participle silver plating, simple past and past participle silver plated)
- Alternative spelling of silver-plate.
- (humorous) Eye dialect spelling of s'il vous plaÃ®t.
From "silver plate", from the similarity of this phrase to the French s'il vous plaÃ®t
- In the decorative arts the Nuremberg handicraftsman attained great perfection in ministering to the luxurious tastes of the burghers, and a large proportion of the old German furniture, silver-plate, stoves and the like, which are now admired in industrial museums, was made in Nuremberg workshops.
- A large quantity of silver-plate and goldsmiths' work of great value and considerable artistic elaboration was found in 1874 in the king's palace at Kumasi, not the least remarkable objects being masks of beaten gold.