- ⌂ a small or barely adequate amount of capital: a business started on a shoestring
- like a shoestring; long and narrow
- ⌂ of, operating on, or characterized by a small amount of money: a shoestring budget
- ⌂ Sports at, near, or around the ankles: a shoestring catch, a shoestring tackle
- See shoelace.
- A small sum of money; capital that is barely adequate: a company that started on a shoestring.
- Long and slender: shoestring potatoes.
- Marked by or consisting of a small amount of money: a shoestring budget.