- absorption in one's own interests, affairs, etc.
- Physics the absorption of radiation by the substance emitting the radiation
Byron's self absorption resulted in his friends avoiding him but he didn't seem to recognize his shortcomings.
An example of self absorption is when you go on and on to your friend about your problems without asking how she is.
- Alternative spelling of self-absorption.
self- +"Ž absorption
- In many families, the concept of giving back to the community is often lost in the throes of busy schedules and self-absorption.
- Give Teens a Purpose: Teens and tweens are famous for their self-absorption.