- Everything is defined as all, or the most important thing.
An example of everything used as a pronoun is in the sentence, "We have to clear the furniture out of the room; everything must be moved," which means that all of the furniture has to be moved.
Everything in this room is purple.
- every thing; all things; all
- all things pertinent to a specified matter
- the most important thing: money is everything to him
- a. All things or all of a group of things.b. All relevant matters: told each other everything.
- The most important fact or consideration: In business, timing is everything.
- (literally) All the things under discussion.
- We had a great dinner - everything was delicious.
- I checked the list again and everything is done.
- Thank you for everything you did for us.
- (colloquial) Many or most things.
- A: What do you want to do at the amusement park?B: Everything!
- I did everything today - washed the dishes, cut the lawn, did the laundry.
- (colloquial) A state of well-being (from all parts of the whole).
- She wasn't feeling well this morning but now everything is fine.
- Since the company lost its best customer everything has gotten worse.