Everything is defined as all, or the most important thing.pronoun
An example of everything used as a pronoun is in the sentence, "We have to clear the furniture out of the room; everything must be moved," which means that all of the furniture has to be moved.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- every thing; all things; all
- all things pertinent to a specified matter
- the most important thing: money is everything to him
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. All things or all of a group of things.b. All relevant matters: told each other everything.
- The most important fact or consideration: In business, timing is everything.