- Everything is defined as all, or the most important thing.
An example of everything used as a pronoun is in the sentence, "We have to clear the furniture out of the room; everything must be moved," which means that all of the furniture has to be moved.
Everything in this room is purple.
everything definition by Webster's New World
- every thing; all things; all
- all things pertinent to a specified matter
- the most important thing: money is everything to him
everything definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. All things or all of a group of things.b. All relevant matters: told each other everything.
- The most important fact or consideration: In business, timing is everything.