- The definition of scholarly is something known to have a lot of knowledge or to be accurate, or someone that learns all the time.
- An example of something scholarly is an eloquent book about a difficult subject; scholarly book.
- An example of someone scholarly is a professor who never does anything but learn more about English literature; scholarly professor.
- of or characteristic of a scholar (sense ); learned
- having or showing much knowledge, accuracy, and critical ability
- devoted to learning; studious
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- scholˈar·li·ness noun