- having, covered with, composed of, or resembling a scale or scales
- shedding or yielding scales or flakes
- full of or infested with scale insects
- Covered or partially covered with scales.
- Shedding scales or flakes; flaking.
(comparative scalier, superlative scaliest)
- Covered or abounding with scales; as, a scaly fish.
- Resembling scales, laminae, or layers.
- (dated, vulgar or South Africa) Mean; low.
- a scaly fellow
- Composed of scales lying over each other; as, a scaly bulb; covered with scales; as, a scaly stem.
- (South Africa) The scaly yellowfish, Labeobarbus natalensis.