- a small desert rattlesnake (Crotalus cerastes) of the SW U.S. that moves over shifting sand by looping its body sideways
- Informal a hard, swinging blow of the fist, delivered from the side
- [S-] an air-to-air missile that homes in on a target by a heat-seeking device
- A small rattlesnake (Crotalus cerastes) of the southwest United States and Mexico that moves by a distinctive lateral looping motion of its body and has a hornlike scaly projection above each eye.
- A powerful swinging punch delivered from the side.