one who uses, or is skilled in using, a rifle; specif., an infantryman armed with a rifle
- A soldier equipped with a rifle.
- One who shoots a rifle skillfully.
- A soldier trained to use a rifle as their primary weapon.
- The riflemen had not been issued their weapons yet, and hence they trained with wooden mock-up rifles.
- A person especially skilled in the use of a rifle.
- She was quite the rifleman and could pick off a squirrels with a .22 from across the field with amazing accuracy.
- A small wrenlike insectivorous passerine bird endemic to New Zealand, Acanthisitta chloris, the titipounamu.
rifle +"Ž -man