- Republican is defined as a person who identifies with a system of government where the citizens have the ability to choose those who represent them.
An example of republican government is India's system of government.
- The definition of a Republican is a person who identifies with the Republican Party.
An example of a Republican is Ronald Reagan.
- of, characteristic of, or having the nature of, a republic
- favoring, or in accord with the nature of, a republic
- [R-] of, belonging to, or characteristic of the Republican Party
- a person who favors a republican form of government
- [R-] a member of the Republican Party
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a republic.
- Favoring a republic as the best form of government.
- Republican Of, relating to, characteristic of, or belonging to the Republican Party of the United States.
- One who favors a republic as the best form of government.
- Republican A member of the Republican Party of the United States.
(comparative more republican, superlative most republican)
- Advocating or supporting a republic as a form of government. [from 17th c.]
- Of or belonging to a republic. [from 17th c.]
- Someone who favors a republic as a form of government. [from 17th c.]
- A bird of a kind that builds many nests together: the American cliff swallow, or the South African weaver bird.
(comparative more Republican, superlative most Republican)
- (US politics) Of or pertaining to the Republican Party of the United States.
- There are Libertarian, Republican and Democratic nominees running for office right now.
- Alternative capitalization of republican.
- (UK, Ireland) An Irish nationalist; a proponent of a united Ireland.
- (historical) A supporter of the government or left-wing side in the Spanish Civil War.
- (US politics) A member or supporter of the Republican Party of the United States