- Replenish is defined as to make something full or complete again.
An example of replenish is rain filling up reservoirs during the winter.
replenish definition by Webster's New World
- to make full or complete again, as by furnishing a new supply: to replenish a stock of goods
- to supply again with fuel or the like
- Archaic repeople (sense )
Origin: Middle English replenissen ; from present participle stem of Old French replenir: see re- and amp; plenish
replenish definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb re·plen·ished, re·plen·ish·ing, re·plen·ish·es verb, transitive
- To fill or make complete again; add a new stock or supply to: replenish the larder.
- To inspire or nourish: The music will replenish my weary soul.
Origin: Middle English replenisshen, from Old French replenir, repleniss- : re-, re- + plenir, to fill (from plein, full, from Latin plēnus; see pelə-1 in Indo-European roots).
- re·plenˈish·er noun
- re·plenˈish·ment noun