Replenish is defined as to make something full or complete again.verb
An example of replenish is rain filling up reservoirs during the winter.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- to make full or complete again, as by furnishing a new supply: to replenish a stock of goods
- to supply again with fuel or the like
- Archaic repeople (sense )
Origin: ME replenissen < prp. stem of OFr replenir: see re- & plenish
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb re·plen·ished, re·plen·ish·ing, re·plen·ish·es verb, transitive
- To fill or make complete again; add a new stock or supply to: replenish the larder.
- To inspire or nourish: The music will replenish my weary soul.
Origin: Middle English replenisshen, from Old French replenir, repleniss- : re-, re- + plenir, to fill (from plein, full, from Latin plēnus; see pelə-1 in Indo-European roots).
- re·plenˈish·er noun
- re·plenˈish·ment noun