- a unit to replace the contents of a container that is not itself discarded after use: a refill for a ball point pen
- any additional filling of a prescription for medicine
transitive verbre·filled, re·fill·ing, re·fills
- A product packaged to replace the used contents of a container.
- A second or subsequent filling.
- A filling after the first.
- Today it is $2 for a coffee, with free refills throughout the day
- A product containing materials to replace those used up by a piece of equipment.
- We're cutting back. No new printers or pens, just refills.
From re- (“again") + fill (noun)
(third-person singular simple present refills, present participle refilling, simple past and past participle refilled)
- To fill up once again.
- Can you refill my cup please, I've finished my coffee
From re- (“again") + fill (verb)