- an amount paid or received as rent
- an income from rents received
- a house, apartment, car, etc. offered for rent
- the act of renting
Origin of rentalMiddle English ; from Anglo-French ; from Medieval Latin rentale
of, in, or for rent
- An amount paid or collected as rent.
- A piece of property available for renting: summer rentals by the beach.
- The act of renting.
- An agency that rents something.
- A list of tenants and schedule of rents. Also called rent-roll.
Of, relating to, or available for rent: rental income; rental properties.
- (slang) Short term for something that is rented.
- It's just a rental, so I don't need to take very good care of it.
- The payment made to rent something.