Sukiennice), a building erected in 1257, several times renovated and enlarged, most recently in 1879, which contains the Polish national museum of art.
For a time he contemplated with eagerness the idea of a renovated cathedral life, devoted to the pursuit of learning and to the development of opportunities for the religious and intellectual benefit of the diocese.
It possesses a fine parish church, built by Maria Theresa and renovated in 1877-1880, and the Imperial Villa is surrounded by a magnificent park.
It was renovated in 1771 by her daughter, the empress Maria Theresa.
This building, as renovated in the 12th century, was to consist of nave and transepts, choir and aisles, and massive central tower.