Judging by the remorseful expression on Timmy's face after being scolded, his mother knew that he would be nicer about sharing his toys in the future.
If you feel bad about having stolen something and you wish you had not done it, this is an example of when you are remorseful.
(comparative more remorseful, superlative most remorseful)
- (of a person) Feeling or filled with remorse.
- He was so remorseful that he voluntarily paid full restitution.
- Expressing or caused by remorse.
- There was a remorseful look on her face.
- Paris Hilton said she was remorseful for her actions and stated in court before her sentencing, "I respect the law.
- Look up "bad tipping behavior" and you'll surely find a picture of this remorseful behavior.
- She was remorseful because she tried to kill me.