- The definition of remorseful is contrite, regretful or sorry.
If you feel bad about having stolen something and you wish you had not done it, this is an example of when you are remorseful.
full of remorse; feeling, expressing, or caused by remorse
Marked by or filled with remorse.
(comparative more remorseful, superlative most remorseful)
- (of a person) Feeling or filled with remorse.
- He was so remorseful that he voluntarily paid full restitution.
- Expressing or caused by remorse.
- There was a remorseful look on her face.