- Used to reinforce.
- The reinforcing wire has to wrapped in tension to be effective ins trengthening the main part.
- Something that reinforces.
- The reinforcing' for the roof will be installed before the hurricane season begins.
- Present participle of reinforce.
Variant of reinforce
transitive verbreinforced, reinforcing
- to strengthen (a military, naval, or air force) with additional troops, ships, planes, etc.
- to increase the number or amount of
- to strengthen or make stronger, as by patching, propping, adding new material, etc.
- to make stronger or more compelling: to reinforce one's arguments
- Psychol. to increase the probability of (a response to a stimulus) by giving a reward or ending a painful stimulus
Origin of reinforcere- + inforce, variant, variety of enforce