- a reinforcing or being reinforced
- anything that reinforces
- additional troops, ships, etc.
- Physiol., Psychol. any action or event that reinforces a response
- The act or process of reinforcing or the state of being reinforced.
- Something that reinforces.
- often reinforcements Additional personnel or equipment sent to support a military action.
- Psychology a. The occurrence or experimental introduction of an unconditioned stimulus along with a conditioned stimulus.b. The strengthening of a conditioned response by such means.c. An event, circumstance, or condition that increases the likelihood that a given response will recur in a situation like that in which the reinforcing condition originally occurred.
(usually uncountable, plural reinforcements)
- (uncountable) The act, process, or state of reinforcing or being reinforced.
- (countable) A thing that reinforces.
- (in the plural) Additional troops or materiel sent to support a military action.
- (uncountable, behavioral psychology) The process whereby a behavior with desirable consequences comes to be repeated.