A first aid kit bearing the emblem of the Internation Red Cross.
- a red Greek cross on a white ground (Geneva cross), emblem of neutrality in war, adapted from the Swiss flag, with colors reversed, and used since 1864 to mark hospitals, ambulances, etc., esp. in time of war
- an international society (in full ) for the relief of suffering in time of war or disaster: its emblem is the Geneva cross
- any national branch of the International Red Cross
- Abbr. RCa. An international organization that cares for the wounded, sick, and homeless in wartime, according to the terms of the Geneva Convention of 1864, and now also during and following natural disasters.b. A national branch of this organization.
- The emblem of this organization, a Geneva cross or a red Greek cross on a white background.