public schoolpublic school
- ⌂ in the U.S., an elementary or secondary school that is part of a system of free schools maintained by public taxes and supervised by local authorities
- in much of Great Britain, any of a number of endowed, private boarding schools, generally not coeducational, which prepare students for the universities
- An elementary or secondary school in the United States supported by public funds and providing free education for children of a community or district.
- A private boarding school in Great Britain for pupils between the ages of 13 and 18.
(plural public schools)
- attributive form of public school
- public-school student