- The definition of pristine is something that is still in its original condition or still pure.
An example of pristine is a forest that hasn't been logged or damaged by humans.
pristine definition by Webster's New World
- characteristic of the earliest, or an earlier, period or condition; original
- ☆ still pure; uncorrupted; unspoiled: pristine beauty
Origin: Classical Latin pristinus, former ; from Old Latin pri, before: see prime
- pristinely adverb
pristine definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Remaining in a pure state; uncorrupted by civilization.b. Remaining free from dirt or decay; clean: pristine mountain snow.
- Of, relating to, or typical of the earliest time or condition; primitive or original.
Origin: Latin prīstinus; see per1 in Indo-European roots.
- pris·tineˈly adverb