- An example of plenary is someone having an all access stage pass.
- An example of plenary is a PTA meeting where all parents are there.
- full; complete; absolute: plenary power
- for attendance by all members: a plenary session
Origin of plenaryLate Latin plenarius ; from Classical Latin plenus, full
- Complete in all respects; unlimited or full: a diplomat with plenary powers.
- Fully attended by all qualified members: a plenary session of the council.
Origin of plenaryLate Latin pl&emacron;narius, from Latin pl&emacron;nus, full; see pel&schwa;-1 in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more plenary, superlative most plenary)
- plenary session
- After lunch, we will all be in the main auditorium listening to the plenary.
From Late Latin plÄ“nÄrius, from plÄ“nus (“full").