- A plea; an entreaty.
- Law Advocacy of causes in court.
- Law a. A formal statement, generally written, propounding the cause of action or the defense in a case.b. pleadings The consecutive statements, allegations, and counterallegations made by plaintiff and defendant, or prosecutor and accused, in a legal proceeding.
pleading - Business Definition
Variant of plead
- to present a case in a law court; argue the case of either party
- to present a plea (sense )
- to make an earnest appeal; supplicate; beg: to plead for mercy
Origin: ME pleden < OFr plaidier < plaid: see plea
- to discuss or defend (a law case) by argument
- to declare oneself to be (guilty or not guilty) in answer to a charge
- to offer as an excuse or defense: to plead ignorance
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.