- Pleaded is defined as to have begged, or to have made a statement of either guilty or not guilty in court.
- An example of pleaded is to have asked repeatedly for a later curfew.
- An example of pleaded is to have said you are not guilty in front of a judge.
Variant of plead
intransitive verbpleaded or pled or plead , pleading
- to present a case in a law court; argue the case of either party
- to present a plea (sense )
- to make an earnest appeal; supplicate; beg: to plead for mercy
Origin of pleadMiddle English pleden ; from Old French plaidier ; from plaid: see plea
- to discuss or defend (a law case) by argument
- to declare oneself to be (guilty or not guilty) in answer to a charge
- to offer as an excuse or defense: to plead ignorance