- (UK, excepting Scotland), still used by some in the US. simple past tense and past participle of plead
- An example of pleaded is to have asked repeatedly for a later curfew.
- An example of pleaded is to have said you are not guilty in front of a judge.
Pleaded is defined as to have begged, or to have made a statement of either guilty or not guilty in court.
- She seemed distressed and softly pleaded, "Please?"
- For a long time his mother pleaded with him.
- Please get it for me and put it under for a moment, he pleaded in a piteous voice.
- (3) The king's pardon cannot be pleaded in bar of an impeachment.
- Beyond this, he eloquently pleaded the cause of painting as a distinct art, which Lessing in his desire to mark off the formative arts from poetry and music had confounded with sculpture.