placentation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Anat., Zool.
- the formation or structure of a placenta
- the manner in which the placenta is attached to the uterus
- Bot. the manner in which the placentas are arranged in an ovary
placentation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. Formation of a placenta in the uterus.b. The type or structure of a placenta.
- Botany Arrangement of placentas within the ovary.
placentation - Medical Definition
- Formation of a placenta in the uterus.
- The type or structure of a placenta.