The definition of pitiful is a person of thing for which one feels sorry.adjective
An example of pitiful is a stray dog.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- arousing or deserving pity
- deserving contempt; despicable
- Archaic full of pity or compassion
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Inspiring or deserving pity.
- Arousing contemptuous pity, as through ineptitude or inadequacy. See Synonyms at pathetic.
- Archaic Filled with pity or compassion.
- pitˈi·ful·ly adverb
- pitˈi·ful·ness noun