An example of personnel is the customer service staff you hire to answer phones at your office.
- persons employed in any work, enterprise, service, establishment, etc.
- a personnel department or office
Origin of personnelFrench (lit., personal), probably influenced, influence by German personal, earlier personale ; from ML, origin, originally neuter of Classical Latin personalis
- (used with pl. verb) The people employed by or active in an organization, business, or service.
- The department of human resources in an organization.
Origin of personnelFrench, from Old French, personal, from Latin pers&omacron;nalis; see personality.
- Not to be confused with personal.
From French personnel.