The office personnel receive an excellent benefit package after their 90 day probation period has been completed.
An example of personnel is the customer service staff you hire to answer phones at your office.
- persons employed in any work, enterprise, service, establishment, etc.
- a personnel department or office
Origin of personnelFrench (lit., personal), probably influenced, influence by German personal, earlier personale from ML, origin, originally neuter of Classical Latin personalis
- used with pl. verb The people employed by or active in an organization, business, or service.
- The department of human resources in an organization.
Origin of personnelFrench from Old French personal from Latin persōnālis ; see personality .
- Not to be confused with personal.
From French personnel.