- Personnel are the people who are working for a specific company or on a specific project.
An example of personnel is the customer service staff you hire to answer phones at your office.
- persons employed in any work, enterprise, service, establishment, etc.
- a personnel department or office
Origin: Fr (lit., personal), probably influenced, influence by German personal, earlier personale from ML, origin, originally neuter of Classical Latin personalis
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The body of persons employed by or active in an organization, business, or service.b. (used with a pl. verb) Persons.
- An administrative division of an organization concerned with the body of persons employed by or active in it and often acting as a liaison between different departments.
Origin: French, from Old French, personal, from Latin persōnālis; see personality.
personnel - Business Definition
- See human resources 1.
- The department of an organization that deals with issues relating to employees and participants.