peerage definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- all the peers of a particular country
- the rank or dignity of a peer
- a book or list of peers with their lineage
peerage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The rank, title, or jurisdiction of a peer or peeress; a duchy, marquisate, county, viscountcy, or barony.
- Peers and peeresses considered as a group.
- A book listing peers, peeresses, and their families.