Use overlord in a sentence
- a lord ranking above other lords, esp. in the feudal system
- any person having great authority or power over others
- A lord having power or supremacy over other lords.
- One in a position of supremacy or domination over others.
- A ruler of other rulers.
- The various tribal chieftains met each spring to elect an overlord that would lead them in time of war.
- Anyone with overarching power or authority in a given domain.
- The crusty old professor was overlord of the history department, and few dared to cross his will.
- The second sense frequently carries negative connotations; calling one an overlord can imply tyranny or authoritarianism.