The North Pole on a globe
The point in the Arctic Ocean at 90° north latitude is an example of the North Pole.
- the place where the northern rotational axis intersects the surface of a planet, moon, etc.
- the zenith of such a place; esp., the zenith (north celestial pole) of this place on earth
- that end of a straight magnet that points to the north when the magnet hangs free
- the place on earth where its northern rotational axis intersects its surfacein full North Terrestrial Pole
- a. The northern end of the earth's axis of rotation, a point in the Arctic Ocean.b. The celestial zenith of this terrestrial point.c. north pole The northern end of the axis of rotation of a planet or other celestial body.
- north pole The north-seeking magnetic pole of a straight magnet.
(plural north poles)
- attributive form of north pole, noun.
- north-pole Martians