no oneno one
No one lives here.
No one is defined as nobody.
An example of no one is how you would describe who is in an empty house.
No person; nobody.
- No one has a higher degree of formality than nobody.
- American users (COCA) use no one 60% more than they use nobody. UK users (BNC) use nobody 3 times more than they use no one. For the spoken BNC usage, mostly informal, nobody is used nearly 10 times more often than all spellings of no one.
- American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
- UK users (BNC) prefer no one to no-one 4 to 1 and no one to noone 50 to 1.
- Alternative spelling of no one.
- In the late eighties/early nineties Nintendo were well and truly king of the Video Games Industry; Mario was selling by the bucket load and it seemed as though no-one could possibly topple their all-powerful dominance.