nationality[nas̸h′ə nal′ə tē]
People of different nationalities.
- Nationality is the state of being part of a nation whether by birth or naturalization or ties to a specific nation.
- An example of nationality is German to a German person born in Germany.
- An example of nationality is Italian to a person with Italian roots born in the United States.
- The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization.
- A people having common origins or traditions and often constituting a nation.
- Existence as a politically autonomous entity; national independence.
- National character.
- Membership of a particular nation or state, by origin, birth, naturalization, ownership, allegiance or otherwise.
- National, i.e. ethnic and/or cultural, character or identity.
- A people sharing a common origin, culture and/or language, and possibly constituting a nation-state.
- Political existence, independence or unity as a national entity.
- (archaic) Nationalism or patriotism.