- Nationality is the state of being part of a nation whether by birth or naturalization or ties to a specific nation.
- An example of nationality is German to a German person born in Germany.
- An example of nationality is Italian to a person with Italian roots born in the United States.
People of different nationalities.
nationality definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
nationality definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. na·tion·al·i·ties
- The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization.
- A people having common origins or traditions and often constituting a nation.
- Existence as a politically autonomous entity; national independence.
- National character.