- The definition of molten is melted.
An example of something molten is hot stone in a lava flow.
Molten lava streams down the side of a volcano.
Origin of moltenMiddle English
- melted or liquefied by heat
- Now Rare made by being melted and cast in a mold
- Made liquid by heat; melted: molten lead.
- Made by melting and casting in a mold.
- Brilliantly glowing, from or as if from intense heat: “A huge red bed of coals blazed and quivered with molten fury” (Richard Wright).
A past participle of melt.
(comparative more molten, superlative most molten)
- molten wax
- molten rock
- Made from molten substance.
- Glowing red-hot.
- Past participle of melt