- The definition of molten is melted.
An example of something molten is hot stone in a lava flow.
molten definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb, intransitive verb
Origin: Middle English
- melted or liquefied by heat
- Now Rare made by being melted and cast in a mold
molten definition by American Heritage Dictionary
A past participle of melt.adjective
- Made liquid by heat; melted: molten lead.
- Made by melting and casting in a mold.
- Brilliantly glowing, from or as if from intense heat: “A huge red bed of coals blazed and quivered with molten fury” (Richard Wright).