A kangaroo is a marsupial.
A kangaroo is an example of a marsupial.
- of or like a marsupium, or pouch
- of a superorder (Marsupialia) of mammals that lack a placenta and have an external abdominal pouch (marsupium) containing the teats: the incompletely developed offspring nurses within this pouch for several months after birth to complete its development
- Of or belonging to the infraclass Metatheria.
- Relating to or having a marsupium.
Origin of marsupialFrom marsupium.
(comparative more marsupial, superlative most marsupial)
- Of or pertaining to a marsupial.
- (anatomy) Of or relating to a marsupium.
- the marsupial bones