- The definition of a marketplace is a place where things are sold.
An example of a marketplace is a local farmer's market.
A woman shopping at a local marketplace.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a place, esp. an open place, where goods are offered for sale
- the world of trade, business, economic affairs, etc.: often used figuratively: the marketplace of ideas
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- An open area or square in a town where a public market or sale is set up.
- The world of business and commerce.
- A situation or place in which values, opinions, and ideas are put forward for debate or recognition: a marketplace for new ideas; the literary marketplace.
marketplace - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.